The district is currently
hiring translators to support students for New York State testing and
other local examination periods. We are currently looking for the
following language speakers:
(oral translation), $50/hour (written translation). Candidates must be
eligible for legal employment in the US and must pass a
background/fingerprint clearance process through New York State
For additional information about becoming a translator, please email Ms. Michelle Passeggiata, Director of ENL & World Language at MPasseggiata@copiague.net
If you are interested in an open vacancy or substitute position, as listed below, please submit a completed application (see above link) and fax to (631) 841-4621 OR mail to:
Mr. Todd Andrews, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
Copiague Public Schools
2650 Great Neck Road
Copiague, NY 11726
SCHOOL DISTRICT TREASURER
The work of this newly expanded position involves accounting responsibilities relating to the school district’s budget and financial functions, knowledge of business and fund accounting principles. The successful candidate will exercise independent judgment under general supervision while performing their duties. Responsibilities include:
• Monitoring and preparing monthly cash flows
• Gathering information for official statements for all district borrowings
• Receiving and disbursing district monies
• Reviewing monthly bank reconciliations for all funds
• Responsibility for grants management
• Tracking and reconciling state aid payments
• Demonstrating expertise and experience with school district accounting procedures
• Possessing knowledge of New York State public school district requirements for internal and external auditing and compliance
• Assisting in the supervision and evaluation of Business Office support staff
• The District Treasurer must possess a bachelor’s degree in the Business/Accounting field; master’s degree/CPA is preferred.
• Knowledge of New York State Public Education financial laws and regulations.
• An individual employment agreement which includes a competitive salary, commensurate with experience ($120K range) and excellent fringe benefit package will be offered. 12-month full-time position.
Part Time School Nurse (R.N.)
NYS Registered Nurse Certification required. Spanish Speaking a plus.
$24.73 per hour, 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (4 hours / 5 days/week)
Substitute School Nurses
NYS Registered Nurse Certification required. $135.00 / 7 hr. day (pro-rated)
Substitute Office Assistants (Clerical)
$16.00 per hour. Prior experience in school setting and/or Spanish speaking a plus.
Substitute Custodial Workers
Opportunities exist for Substitute Custodial Workers with potential to become permanent. $14.50 per hour; $16.00 per hour after 20 consecutive days worked.
Part-Time School Monitors
$14.21 per hour, 11:20 a.m. - 2:05 p.m.
Substitute School Monitors
$14.00 per hour. Prior experience in school setting and/or Spanish speaking a plus.
Part-Time Food Service Workers
$14.18 per hour, 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (3 hours / 5 days/week)
$14.18 per hour 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (4 hours / 5 days/week)
Substitute Food Service Workers
Opportunities exist for Substitute Food Service Workers with potential to become permanent.
$14.00 per hour
Substitute Security Aides
$18.00 per hour. Must have a minimum of 7 years' experience in law enforcement/peace officer, or one year experience plus a Degree
in Criminal Justice.