Click here for the Suffolk County Department of Health Services Website for a list of immunization sites that are geared to the uninsured and the child whose health insurance does not cover immunizations.
The following Doctor's Orders are required when a student returns to school after an injury or lengthy illness.
All Doctor's notes must be signed, stamped and dated by the physician:
1. A Doctor's note with the diagnosis clearly written;
2. Note must state the length of time student will be out of gym;
3. Students returning with casts, braces, slings, crutches, wheelchairs or medical equipment of any kind must have a written Doctor's order;
4. Note must also state if an early pass or elevator pass is required.
If you have any questions, please call the Nurse's Office at 631-842-4011 extension 340.
Students entering 6th grade September 2007 must be immunized against varicella (chickenpox) or they will not be permitted to attend school.
In order to better protect our children from vaccine-preventable diseases, New York State Public Health Law Section 2164 was recently amended to require immunization against varicella (commonly known as chickenpox) for all students who will be enrolled in the 6th grade in any public, private or parochial school on or after September 1, 2005.
Please note the following:
• Students born on or after January 1, 2004, and who enroll in the sixth grade at the beginning of the 2006-2007 school year must be immunized against varicella;
• Students born on or after January 1, 2004, who are repeating 6th grade at the beginning of the 2006-2007 school year are required to be immunized against varicella.
• Given that this is a new requirement which applies to every current 5th grade student in New York State, long waits for appointments to obtain the vaccinations should be anticipated. Therefore, it is suggested that all parents of students currently in 5th grade make arrangements with their family physician or health clinic as soon as possible so that no school days will be lost next September.
In order to better protect our children from vaccine-preventable diseases, New York State Public Health Law Section 2164 requires Hepatatis B Vaccine for all children enrolled in our school on or after September 1, 2003. Either a 3 - dose or the recently FDA approved 2 - dose series may be used.
If you have any questions regarding these requirements, please feel free our nurse at 842-4011, Ext.340.
Mrs. Maryann Marcantonio